Student Safety at NHCA
Student safety is always a major consideration for our students at New Hope Christian Academy. We take extra measures to insure the safety of your children.
Steps taken by New Hope Christian Academy to insure the safety of our students:
- The doors are securely locked at all times, and no one enters our education wing without a New Hope employee allowing entrance.
- Once the school day begins, children are not allowed outside the building unless accompanied by an adult.
- Whenever any class goes to the park, there are always a minimum of 2 teachers in attendance.
- All staff and volunteers are thoroughly vetted prior to admittance into the classroom.
- All staff and volunteers are required to go though a safety training program through Ministry Safe.
- All staff and volunteers are trained to recognize signs of abuse and neglect.
- All staff members are trained in first aid and CPR.
- Plano police officers have met with teachers and students, discussing park safety and personal safety.
- Plano police patrol the park on bicycles on a routine basis throughout the day.
- Our teachers have been informed by Plano police to use 911 at any time to report suspicious activity, regardless of whether there it is an emergency situation or not.
- We have fire drills, bad weather drills, evacuation drills and lock-down drills routinely so teachers and students are familiar with emergency procedures.
Please be sure to discuss any concerns with the administration of New Hope Christian Academy.